Heartburn is something that I was definitely familiar with until I was able to find some heartburn home remedies that worked. There are a lot of suggestions on the internet – some work, some don’t. The problem with natural / home remedies for heartburn is that what works for one person might not work for another so the key is to experiment in order to find what works for you.
The good thing is that natural home remedies for heartburn are long lasting with typically no side effects and the costs are minimal. Unlike prescription or OTC drugs that are costly, are only a temporary fix (not a solution), and have several dangerous side effects.
The following are 8 home remedies for heartburn that are common items that you can find in your own kitchen or grocery store.
- Have some chamomile tea after meals to relieve esophageal irritation.
- Aloe Vera juice has been found to heal the intestinal tract. Drink about 5 ounces diluted with water to start and gradually increase strength as tolerated.
- Take 5,000 mg to 10,000 mg of L-glutamine. This supplement can be found at a grocery store.
- Drink a large glass of water at the first sign of heartburn, if the symptoms are not too strong this will help.
- Take essential fatty acids (EFAs) supplements
- Make a juice using raw potatoes. Wash the potato very well do not peel it, just place it in the juicer, mix it with some other juice for taste and drink immediately after juicing.
- Papaya chewable tablets are helpful for reducing heartburn by aiding in digestion.
- Licorice has been used to treat heartburn, stomach and esophagus ulcers.
Try one or a combination of these heartburn home remedies to find what works for you.
Here are some other proven natural home remedies that are guaranteed to work.
Another suggestion is to avoid the things that you know will cause your heartburn to flare up. Some of these things might be chocolates, caffeinated drinks, spicy / fatty foods, smoking and alcohol. Also, keep a journal in order to be able to keep track of things like what foods cause a flare-up or what time of day do you typically have heartburn. This way you will know what home remedies for heartburn to try and when to try them.
If you have already tried these home remedies for heartburn and haven’t had any success than I would highly recommend you check out the Heartburn No More ebook. It lays out in step-by-step fashion a proven holistic 5-step system for completely curing heartburn and acid reflux. It worked for me and I had severe heartburn / acid reflux for many years.
Want to test your knowledge and see if you have what it takes to cure your acid reflux? If so come check out the Acid Reflux Quiz to see where you stand…