Along with the millions of people that suffer from GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux) it is no wonder that there are hundreds of medications that are available advertised as a GERD treatment. The problem is do they really help or are these advertised drugs just a temporary relief? I know from experience as a former person who suffered the burning pain associated with GERD that the medications I consumed only gave temporary relief but did not solve the underlying problem.
After several years of taking medications and researching each type of GERD treatment available I finally found some natural remedies that actual worked. Not only did they relieve my suffering, over a short period of time I actually found that my symptoms were going away and finally gone. I know that it is hard to believe that not only can you actually get rid of your symptoms, but there are actually natural GERD treatments that work and aren’t just a temporary solution (see also heartburn relief tips).
Actually, there are hundreds of books, articles and pamphlets available that give advice on how to get rid of or cure GERD whether with medication or naturally. The following 7 GERD treatments that I’m going to share with you is what worked for me. What works for you might be different, so don’t get discouraged if you try these GERD treatments and you don’t get complete relief. Just continue to keep looking for what works for you and I promise you will find relief.
1. Probiotics. You need good bacteria in your body in order for your digestive system to work properly so make sure to take some good probiotics everyday.
2. Enzymes. A good plant based enzyme is recommended to be taken with every meal to help break down the proteins.
3. High fiber diet. Make sure to consume a good balance of soluble and insoluble fiber everyday.
4. Oils. EFAs, otherwise known as Essential Fatty Acids, are recommended. Especially Omega-3 and Omega-6
5. Anti-inflammatory compounds. Many herbs such as dandelion, marshmallow and aloe are known to lower inflammation in the GI tract.
6. Antioxidants. Excess free radicals can burden the body. This is caused from stress, bad diet or the environment. Vitamins such as C,E and A are good antioxidants.
7. Alkaline Diet. A good alkaline diet can help the body from becoming to acidic. Eating fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts can help to create an alkaline mineral reserve in the body to help prevent it from becoming to acidic.
Following these tips is just the beginning of a long term GERD treatment. Living a healthy lifestyle that excludes smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can also help you to find relief. Stress has also been found to contribute to GERD symptoms.
Just remember that if you don’t get any immediate relief from your symptoms don’t give up because there are many resources available for a GERD treatment including some of the tips given in my cure acid reflux naturally mini course.
” Jeff Martin – certified nutritionist and former heartburn sufferer teaches you his acid reflux freedom step by step success system jam-packed with valuable information on how to naturally and permanently eliminate your heartburn from the ROOT and achieve LASTING freedom from digestive disorders.”
Click Here To Learn How To Permanently Eliminate Your Acid Reflux / Heartburn
Want to test your knowledge and see if you have what it takes to cure your acid reflux? If so come check out the Acid Reflux Quiz to see where you stand…